Sunday, August 12, 2007

How a child's mind works?

So, I got to spend some time with my nephew this weekend and it was so exciting how much he talks to me and about me. It makes me feel really special that this little 2 year old would be so bonded with me. Of course, I'm no mom or dad, now they are top-notch in the special category, but I know that I'm in his top 10, if not his top five. Those are the little things in life that make all the bad stuff we deal with from day to day more bearable.
The way his mind works is just amazing and although all people say this about their children (or nieces and nephews), but I really think mine are geniouses. Kyle told his mom, "That's Aunt Nanie's car. I tink maybe we ought to wash it." Yes, I left out the H in think on purpose, because he is so dutchy and it's just cute. But really, what a very unique thing for a 2 year old to say.
Of course, I also have two other nephews and I am very excited for the day when they start to talk more. Everything they do is already very cute, but it's so facsinating to try and think of how a child's mind works. While we were shopping, I wandered off by myself and Kyle said, "Mommy, where'd aunt Nanie go (which sounds more like doe)?" Heather said, "I don't know, did you lose her?" Kyle replied he didn't lose me, that his mother did and they continue this argumentative-type game back and forth as he does with anything. However, when Kyle spotted me he proudly bosted, "There's aunt Nanie! I find her." Precious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home